Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kims August Color Challenge

I'm back from a wonderful cruise to Alaska taken on a Stern Wheeler called the Empress of the North. This is our 2nd cruise on this small ship and we've loved doing it each time. The first was down the Columbia and Snake Rivers in Oregon. But this Alaska cruise was spectacular. I took a helicopter ride so that I could walk on a glacier one day. Then hiked with an armed guide through the forest to watch bears catching salmon another day. The bears were so close that it was scary. Fifteen whales played around our ship made for some great camera shots! And I've seen more eagles that I've ever seen in my life. So, if you get a chance, be sure to visit Alaska.

I jumped right into doing another Color Challenge for DSO and Kim. This is the kit I came up with after spending days and days in Photoshop as I continue to get through my learning curve. Hope you enjoy it and be sure to go to DSO to get other submissions. Kim even gives a free mini kit for layouts, kits or quick pages.
Click on the preview to download.






4 comments:

Kim B said...

OOOH- how pretty is this! Love the *summer memories* and the little teapot is just toooo CUTE!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
HUGS

charlie said...

gorgeous cute kit..love it!

makeyesup said...

thanks, it's a very pretty kit.

Dinphy said...

Hi,
I'm late downloading, and VERY thankful you still have it online to share!
Actually I downloaded it yesterday, but as I knew what I wanted to do with it, I waited until I was finished, so besides telling you THANK YOU, I can and also tell you that I've used your beautiful blue paper for a LO for the "Photo Op Stop" Challenge at DSO.
I just LOVED the pattern and structure of it. The color was beautiful too, I did make it just a little bit darker, but it really was a little bit.

If you'd like to see my LO, it's here:

http://digital-scrapbooking.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2299

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful work!